Houston’s chicken tenders recipe is one of the most popular dishes at the famous restaurant chain. These crispy, juicy, and flavorful chicken strips are a crowd-pleaser for both kids and adults. But did you know that you can make them at home with simple ingredients and easy steps? In this blog post, we’ll show you how to recreate Houston’s chicken tenders recipe in your own kitchen. We’ll also share some tips on how to make them healthier, as well as the nutritional value and pros and cons of eating chicken tenders.
What are chicken tenders?
Thin strips of meat from the underside of the chicken breast are called chicken tenders. They go by the names chicken nuggets, chicken fingers, and chicken strips as well. Although they can also be baked, grilled, or air-fried, chicken tenders are typically breaded and deep-fried. They are frequently served with dipping sauces like ranch, barbecue, or honey mustard.
Houston’s Chicken Tenders Recipe:How to Make
The following ingredients are required for Houston’s chicken tenders recipe:
- One pound of chicken breasts without the bones and skin
- One cup of buttermilk
- All-purpose flour, one cup
- One teaspoon of paprika
- Half a teaspoon of powdered garlic
- One-half teaspoon onion powder
- To taste, add salt and pepper
- vegetable-based frying oil
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts to make tenders.
- Mix the buttermilk, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Mix the flour, paprika, onion and garlic powders, salt, and pepper in a separate shallow dish.
- Shake off any excess after dipping each chicken tender into the buttermilk mixture and coating it in the flour mixture.
- To allow the breading to set, place the coated chicken tenders on a baking sheet covered with paper towels and place them in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- A deep fryer or large skillet should have about 2 inches of oil heated to 350°F (175°C).
- Gently drop the chicken tenders into the heated oil, frying them for approximately five minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and golden. If necessary, work in batches and avoid packing the pan too full.
- After drenching the chicken tenders with paper towels, serve them hot alongside your preferred dipping sauce.
How to Improve the Health of Houston’s Chicken Tenders Recipe:
You can try some of these changes to make Houston’s chicken tenders recipe healthier:
- For more nutrients and fiber, use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Instead of deep-frying, use an air fryer to cut down on oil and fat. To make the chicken tenders crispier, you can also coat them with cooking spray before air-frying.
- To cut calories and fat, use low-fat yogurt or buttermilk instead of regular buttermilk.
- Instead of ordering chicken tenders, try skinless chicken breasts to reduce fat and cholesterol.
- To cut back on salt, use sauces and seasonings with a low sodium content.
- Nutritional Value of Chicken Tenders
Nutritional Value of Chicken Tenders
Pros and Cons of Tender Chicken
- It’s simple and convenient to prepare and consume chicken tenders. They are quick to prepare and can be eaten with a fork or your hands.
- Tender chicken is a flexible and adaptive food. To create a variety of flavors and textures, they can be served with different sides, salads, and sauces.
- Amino acids, which are found in chicken tenders and are rich in protein, can aid in the growth and repair of muscles, tissues, and organs.
- Particularly when deep-fried or covered in a thick batter, chicken tenders are heavy in fat and calories. Weight gain and health issues like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease may result from this.
- Due to their high sodium content, chicken tenders may result in bloating, elevated blood pressure, and fluid retention. Osteoporosis, stroke, and kidney damage can also result from excessive sodium intake.
- Because chicken tenders are low in fiber, they may result in gastrointestinal problems like gas, bloating, and constipation. In addition, fiber lowers cholesterol, controls blood sugar, and guards against colon cancer.
- Hormones, preservatives, and additives may be present in chicken tenders, which may be harmful to your health. Additionally, some chicken tenders might be tainted with bacteria like salmonella, which can cause food poisoning.
A tasty and simple way to enjoy chicken at home is to make Houston’s chicken tenders recipe. Nonetheless, you should be informed about the nutritional content and advantages and disadvantages of consuming chicken tenders. If necessary, you can adjust the recipe to make it healthier. If you eat chicken tenders in moderation and combine them with wholesome foods, they can be a part of a balanced diet.
Most frequent questions and answers
While I don’t have specific information on why Houston’s may have removed chicken tenders from their menu, it’s not uncommon for restaurants to periodically update their offerings to accommodate changing customer preferences or to introduce new items.
This recipe aims to capture the essence of Houston’s chicken tenders, focusing on achieving the perfect balance of tenderness and crispiness. The use of high-quality ingredients and careful attention to detail ensures a delicious result that rivals the original.
Absolutely! This recipe provides instructions for both baking and frying, allowing you to choose the method that suits your preferences. Baking offers a slightly healthier alternative while still delivering a mouthwatering taste.
While specific recipes for Houston’s flying chicken platter may not be readily available, you can adapt this chicken tender recipe to create a similar experience. Experiment with different sauces and sides to achieve a platter reminiscent of Houston’s flavors.
To achieve extra crispy chicken tenders, ensure that the coating is well-seasoned and evenly applied. Additionally, frying at the right temperature and not overcrowding the pan are crucial factors. Patting the chicken dry before coating can also enhance crispiness.
Explore a world of culinary delights on vegetable-recipes.net! Whether you’re seeking savory sides, hearty mains, or innovative vegetable-based dishes, our homepage is your gateway to a treasure trove of flavorful recipes. Visit to discover the latest additions and elevate your vegetable-centric culinary journey!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.