Are you craving some Chinese food but don’t want to leave the coziness of your own home? Look no further than this recipe for Chang’s Spicy Chicken! This simple, spicy chicken recipe will quickly become a family favorite for midweek dinners. It comes together quickly and is ready in under 30 minutes. With some stir-fried vegetables and Chinese Steamed Rice on the side, you’ll have a feast worthy of any Chinese restaurant from the comfort of your own table.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 sliced green onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1/4 cup house white sauce (chicken stock with oyster sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Chang’s Sauce
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Toss the chicken with the cornstarch in a large mixing dish until evenly covered.
- In a wok or large pan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat.
- Cook until the chicken is golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
- Cook until the green onions and garlic are aromatic, about 30 seconds, in the same pan.
- Stir in the chili paste, house white sauce, Chang’s Sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch until well blended.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan and toss to coat evenly with the sauce.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice or noodles.
Finally, Chang’s Spicy Chicken is a great copycat dinner recipe that you can cook at home in under 30 minutes. This recipe is likely to become a family favorite with its acidic, spicy, and somewhat sweet flavor. So, why delay? Try this dish today and experience the taste of Chinese cuisine without leaving your house.
For more delicious recipes and cooking tips, stay tuned to vegetable-recipes.net
Most frequent questions and answers
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cornstarch, vegetable oil, green onions, garlic, chili paste, house white sauce (chicken stock with a splash of oyster sauce), Chang’s Sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch are the components for this recipe.
This recipe takes under 30 minutes to make.
Yes, because the sauce is made with cornstarch rather than flour, this dish is gluten-free.
Yes, you may change the level of spicy by adjusting the amount of chili sauce in the recipe.
Other dishes that can benefit from the sauce include stir-fried vegetables and Chinese steamed rice.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.