Look no further than this wild rice cranberry bread recipe if you are seeking a hearty and healthful bread recipe. This baked bread is gently sweet and full of texture, making it ideal for storing and sharing with loved ones. This wild rice cranberry bread recipe combines sweet and savory tastes. This bread’s nutty flavor, mixed with the acidic sweetness of cranberries, makes it a great treat for any occasion.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- a third cup of wild rice
- half a cup of dried cranberries
- Optional: 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Combine the water, yeast, and sugar in a large mixing dish. Allow to foam for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the honey, olive oil, rye flour, whole wheat flour, and 1 cup bread flour in a mixing bowl. To blend, mix everything together.
- Combine the salt, wild rice, cranberries, and nuts (if using) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough for several minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Allow the dough to rise for about an hour in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
Here are some hints for making this wild rice cranberry bread recipe:
- To give it some heartiness without making bread too heavy, combine medium rye and whole-wheat flour.
- Feel free to change things up based on your preferences and what you have on hand.
- Instead of cranberries, try dried sour cherries, raisins, dry apples, and so on.
- Use whatever other nut you like or have on hand.
- If nuts aren’t your thing, leave them out.
Finally, this recipe for wild rice cranberry bread is a delicious way to enjoy a substantial and healthful treat that is suitable for any occasion. This bread is sure to please your taste senses, whether you’re searching for something to serve at your next dinner party or just want to enjoy a slice with your morning coffee.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post about how to create wild rice cranberry bread. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments section below.
For more delicious recipes and cooking tips, stay tuned to vegetable-recipes.net
Most frequent questions and answers
Wild rice is a species of grass endemic to North America. It is a healthy grain high in protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
This recipe for wild rice cranberry bread is high in fiber, protein, and antioxidants. It’s also low in fat and calories, making it a good option for individuals watching their weight.
Yes, you can make this bread gluten-free by replacing the whole-grain flour and white bread flour with a gluten-free flour blend. You can also use gluten-free oats for the wild rice.
If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, this bread will keep for up to 5 days. You may also freeze the bread for up to 3 months.
Yes, you can substitute fresh cranberries for the dried cranberries in this recipe. However, before adding them to the dough, slice them into little pieces.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.